At Alces significant effort is being devoted to developing speckle metrology tools and methods and techniques to reduce speckle in laser projection displays. The image above shows an Alces engineer working with a laser projection system and Alces' speckle camera system to quantify laser speckle.
There is broad industry interest to incorporate lasers into projector displays. However, laser speckle is an imposing technical challenge that must be overcome. While there is a relatively large body of knowledge available on laser speckle, it's often misunderstood how best to measure and alter the apparent speckle contrast.
Over time Alces will provide content on the following topics:
- What is laser speckle?
- How to measure laser speckle
- How to reduce speckle
- Where do you see laser speckle
- Technical publications on speckle
- Laser speckle measurements
- Analysis of speckle characteristics
- Speckle vs coherence effects
Related Alces articles: